These questions to ask a girl won’t steer you wrong. Spend some time asking them, and by the end of the conversation, you’ll be reading her like an open book.
Despite contrary belief, most girls really aren’t that complicated. Sure, they can come off like mystical creatures (even though they’re humans—just the opposite sex), but if you want to know something, most of the time, all you have to do is ask.
Coming up with the right questions to ask a girl can show her you really care. Whether you’re aiming to understand her on a deeper level or just want to get to know her in the first place, the best questions for girls will reveal plenty and, more likely than not, lead to an epic conversation and a deeper level of understanding.
If you want to grasp who she really is, these are the best questions to ask a girl, from a girl herself.
The best questions to ask a girl range from standard get to know you questions to more complex personal queries, all with the spirit of understanding her better. Dig deeper with intimate questions to ask a girl, or keep it lighthearted with funny inquiries or flirty quips showing your true personality.
It really all boils down to timing. The best questions to ask a girl can be pulled out at any moment, while more scandalous or deeper queries should be reserved for later down the line.
Keep reading to discover everything you need to know about the best questions to ask a girl so you’re never left without a conversation starter again.
BEST QUESTIONS TO ASK A GIRL
After dating for ten-plus years and going on more first dates than you could ever imagine, I’ve learned a thing or two about the best questions to ask a girl. At the most basic level, good questions to ask a girl are inquisitive without being intrusive, thoughtful without getting too deep, and will show her that you have a genuine interest in what she has to say.
I’ve compiled a list of the very best questions to use with your partner, your situationship, or even your next first date. You’re going to want to keep these in your back pocket.
- What makes you smile?
- Can you speak another language?
- Do you have any daily routines?
- Are you close with your family?
- Are you working towards any goals right now?
- How do you unwind after a long day?
- If you could do anything, what job would you have?
- What’s at the top of your bucket list?
- How did you meet your best friend?
- What are you looking forward to?
- What’s your favorite show to binge watch?
- Do you prefer to spend or save money?
- What are your favorite clothing brands?
- Where was your favorite vacation?
- What words of advice do you live by?
- Do you have any guilty pleasures?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- Where did you grow up?
- Where’s your favorite place on earth?
- What’s your greatest accomplishment?
- What are you most passionate about?
- Do you like to dress up or keep it casual?
- What inspires you?
- What’s something I would never guess about you?
- Are you a planner or like to be planned for?
- Would you rather relax on vacation or do activities?
- What’s one thing you could never give up?
- What are your pet peeves?
- Would you rather have a big night out or a cozy night in?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- Would you ever live abroad?
DEEP QUESTIONS TO ASK A GIRL
Asking deep questions is a prime way to take things to the next level with a girl. Not only do these queries help you understand her on a more intimate level, but profound questions give her the chance to open up and be vulnerable. Creating a trusting environment to share with each other goes a long way—no matter how corny it sounds. So if you want to show her that you’re invested in getting to know all sides of her, these are the best questions to ask a girl.
- Do you see the glass as half full or half empty?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What are your long-term goals?
- What moment would you re-do if given the chance?
- What movies make you cry?
- Are you friends with any exes?
- What are your biggest regrets?
- Why did your last relationship end?
- How do you motivate yourself?
- What’s your earliest memory?
- What do you wish more people knew about you?
- What would you tell the kid version of you?
- Would you rather be rich but sad or poor but happy?
- What makes you feel loved?
- Have you ever cheated on someone?
- Have you ever been cheated on?
- What’s something you’ve never told anyone before?
- Do you have any bad habits?
- Do you believe in an afterlife?
- What’s your favorite personality trait in yourself?
- What environment makes you the most comfortable?
- Do you prefer to be alone or with constant company?
- Who are your role models?
- What are your strongest skills?
- Do you have a five-year plan?
- What are your red flags in a relationship?
- Do you believe in fate?
- Are you religious?
- What are your insecurities?
FLIRTY QUESTIONS TO ASK A GIRL
When you’re ready to dial up the heat, these are the best flirty questions to ask a girl. Yes, some may be a bit forward, but if you read the moment and play your cards right, you may just wind up with a hole-in-one (wink wink).
Though if you’re not ready to run through all the bases, some of these flirty questions simply show that you’re curious and open to taking things to the next level, making them great questions for a new relationship. It’s all about pulling them out when the situation arises and seeing where these questions to ask a girl take you.
- Have you ever been in love?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- What qualities do you look for in a romantic partner?
- Describe your ideal date.
- What’s your love language?
- What turns you on?
- Do you prefer boxers or briefs?
- Who was your first kiss?
- What was your first impression of me?
- What’s the longest relationship you’ve had?
- Am I your usual “type?”
- Have you ever dated someone who wasn’t your “type?”
- Have you ever joined the Mile High Club?
- Who’s your celebrity crush?
- Do you have any dating horror stories?
- What do you find attractive in a man?
- Would you rather make the first move?
- Have you ever crushed on a teacher?
- What do you wear to sleep?
- What’s the best way to win you over?
FUNNY QUESTIONS TO ASK A GIRL
There is nothing, and I mean nothing, that a girl loves more than a guy with a sense of humor. If you’re scratching your head and wondering, “do girls really like funny men?” the answer is a resounding yes (at least nine times out of ten). How else do you think Pete Davidson has ended up with so many gorgeous women?
These funny questions to ask a girl help to put your goofy personality on full display. They’re great conversation starters, and if one of them gets a laugh out of her, you’ve already won half the battle.
- What’s the worst pickup line you’ve ever heard?
- What actress would play you in a movie?
- Do you have any strange family traditions?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- If you only had one day left on earth, what would you do?
- Do you like any weird food combinations?
- What’s your karaoke song?
- What would you do if you were a man for a day?
- What would you take if you were stranded on a desert island?
- If you were a color, what would you be and why?
- What would you be in animal form?
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- What would you wish for if a genie appeared?
- What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
- Were Ross and Rachel on a break?
- What would you do with lottery earnings?
QUESTIONS TO ASK A GIRL OVER TEXT
Whether you’ve just matched on a dating app or are chatting between rendezvous, these questions to ask a girl over text will keep the conversation flowing without feeling forced. Rather than trading “what are you doing?” back and forth, these captivating questions show a girl that you’re interested in getting to know her better instead of carrying on with meaningless text conversations.
The next time you’re messaging, try out these questions to ask a girl over text and watch them take you way further than a “you up?”
- What’s your zodiac sign?
- Would you rather spend a day in the mountains or by the beach?
- What have you dreamed about recently?
- Do you play any games on your phone?
- Do you enjoy your job?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- What three words describe you best?
- What was the hardest part of your day?
- What’s the most interesting picture you have on your phone?
- Do you sleep in or wake up early?
- What are you thinking about?
- Are you a cat or a dog girl?
- Are you an adventurer or a homeboy?
- How do you spend your free time?
- Do you like to exercise?
- Do you have any tattoos?
- Do you have any nicknames?
- When can I see you next?